According to Intellectual Property Law of Vietnam, copyrightable works include the following categories:
- Literary and scientific works, textbooks, teaching materials, and other works expressed in forms of letters or other writing characters;
- Lectures, presentations and other speeches;
- Journalistic works;
- Musical works;
- Dramatic works;
works and works created by similar methods;
- Fine art works and applied art works;
- Photographic works;
- Architectural works;
- Graphics, sketches, maps, drawings relevant to topography and scientific works;
- Folk artistic and literary works;
- Computer programs and compilations of data.
The subject matters protected under related rights include the following:
- Broadcasting programs;
- Satellite signals carrying encrypted program.